On a search round the sofa landscape (for Cousins Furniture) I noticed an interesting new layout for ‘localised’/brand results, which is quite different from many of the recent tests I have seen Google have undertake recently
The revised result has a number of interesting features
- Wider right hand column which includes a more prominent map
- Image results relating to the Local Result
- Local information such as store opening times etc for the result.
- I understand from Karate Barbie that the ability to upload up to 10 photos now via Local results
This isn’t something I have previously seen in the wild, however its one I personally actually like a hell of a lot for a couple of reasons
- Brand protection – Whilst this doesn’t stop competitors/brand detractors from potentially canabalising brand it does mean that the first result is that bit more focal. That said the overriding feature of the page is the Google Local result which again draws one into the Google inventory rather than potentially into the site.
- It does draw attention to the first result – and as a result is likely to result in a far higher CTR for that result. As a result one would think this could be a real honeytrap for click through
Firstly have their been other sightings in the wild – and what are your thoughts on the new layout????