I remember Google Analytics back in the days when it was still Urchin – which in the day was a paid analytics package. When Google purchased it back in 2005, Google released it as a free package, which it pretty much has been ever since developing into one of the worlds leading analytics packages.
Google Analytics has always been a reasonably good analytics package, and increasingly many of its newer features have brought it more into line with more Enterprise level tools such as Omniture and Webtrends. However it has struggled in certain areas and i particular in terms of reporting depth. attribution modelling and support.
Interestingly, Google have as of the 29th September launched Google Analytics Premium, which will allow more advanced tools, dedicated support and probably as importantly SLA guarantees in terms of data collection, reporting and processing.
The benefits of the Premium product are as follows
Guaranteed processing for up to 1 billion hits per month (vs. the 10 million a month for standard accounts). This applies to a single business or enterprise, but can include multiple web properties. In other words, if a company owns several sites, but the combined volume is under the 1 billion limit, all can be part of one premium instance, but if each site may reach the 1 billion limit separately, then the company would need to pay separately for each site.
- Faster, intra-day processing
- Service Level Agreement around data collection, reporting, and processing
- 99.9% on Collection up-time
- 99% on Reporting up-time
- 98% on on-time Data Freshness (within 4 hours)
Advanced Analysis Tools
- Up to 50 Custom Variable slots (the standard version provides 5)
- Unsampled report downloads for custom report requests
- Unaggregated report downloads for large report requests (up to 1 million rows per download)
- Dedicated Account Management
- Phone & Email support 10 hours per day, 5 days per week (relevant to the time zone in which the contract was signed)
- Implementation Consultation & Tagging Audit
- Live & Webinar Training
- 24/7 Product Emergency Escalation Support, if the product is ever outside of the SLA
Google Analytics Premium is as the name suggests not a free product any more. It is available for a fixed annual fee in the US, Canada and the UK with Conversion Works, iSpy Marketing and iVantage, as well as through Google themselves. Prices varies per region and will be as follows: $150,000 USD (US), $150,000 CAN (Canada), or GBP 90,000 (UK) per year (billed in monthly increments)., certainly taking it well beyond many of the already existing enterprise solutions