There used to be a time when one was fairly limited in terms of available search engine ranking tools, however these days there are a number of tools available which can measure a sites current visibility within the search engines, and a number of them take that a step further integrating other information such as traffic etc into them as well.
Advanced Web Ranking
Price: $99 to $599 per annum
The ranking tool of choice for many search engine optimisation companies in the UK, Advanced Web Ranking offers a range of features including a comprehensive competitor analysis tool, a top sites feature and an overall visibility summary. Unlike many of its modern day competitors the AWR system is a self hosted solution costing in between $99 and $599 per annum for unlimited websites.
Price: Requires Pro Membership – from $79 per month
One of the tools from the impressive suite of tools coming out of Rand Fishkins SEOMoz empire. Ranktracker comes as part of the Pro toolset and allows a number of features including historical tracking and emailing alerts. As a standalone tool – probably not as comprehensive as some of the other tools – but thats until you take the rest of the SEOMoz tools into account.
Price: Free to $49.99+Usage
If you think of web ranking, Web Position will inevitably spring to mind as one of the weapons of choice. With tools like Webposition Gold, they held a prominent position in the ranking toolkit for a while – however that market share has seen a significant shift in recent years. The new system allows the following features:
- Online Any Time: Access anytime, anywhere, nothing to download or install.
- Private and Secure: Your data is secure with SSL encryption.
- Custom Reports: Customize your report views with one-click sorting, easily export the data you need.
- Scheduled Reporting: Set your reports to regularly run each day, week or month.
- White Labeling (New): Brand online and PDF reports with your logo.
- Secure Online Sharing (New): Give clients and colleagues online access to white label ranking reports.
- Safe Queries: Reporter runs the searches for you anonymously.
Recent developments have seen a migration away from the desktop application of old, to a new shiny web interface – which obviously negates the issues with proxies and the like of previous iterations. The display is still significantly better than comparable tools such as AWR – however I would suggest tools such as AWR carry far more weight in terms of overall information available to marketeers.
Raven SEO Tools
Price: $19 to $1499 per month
Something I came across a while ago – but one I have really got into with avengence over the last couple of weeks.
- Keyword Research Tool
- Link Tracking and Monitoring Tool
- Blog Manager
- Social Media Persona Manager
- Rank Checker
- Competitor Analysis Tools
- Analytics (integrated with Google Analytics)
However if all else fails – theres always Aaron Wall’s wonderful SEOBook plugin which includes the Rankchecker within it. Whilst its not going to set the world on fire, it provides a reasonably solid foundation should you need to do a quick check on your rankings without any of the above tools at your disposal – above all its free.